- Skin! I have noticed that I can't stop picking at my skin lately and I must stop. I am making a goal to not touch on my face as much, especially since my skin is finally beginning to clear up.
- Hair! My hair length has been at a complete standstill, I must get back on my healthy hair journey. I am no longer going to be harshly brushing through it, pulling it into too tight buns, and most of all playing with it. Protective styles and gentle hair care is calling my name.
- Stress! Yes, I know stress is normal and you can't prevent it, but I must find a way to release it and not let it rule my emotions. 2012 has shown me that I can let a tiny ounce of stress overwhelm, but for 2013 I will be taking deep breaths and taking everything one step at a time.
- Fun! This year I want to start hanging out with my friends more outside of school especially since I will be driving soon.
Monday, December 31, 2012
Happy New Year's Eve everyone! The best thing about New Years for me is definitely the New Year's resolutions whether I keep up with them or not. Last year my resolution was to give up soda which was super easy since I never really drank soda anyways. However, the results of completely cutting it out ended up helping out my skin, hair, and forced me to drink more water which I needed. I feel so satisfied with myself for sticking with my resolution that I've decided to try one that's a little bit harder. Below I've listed a few of the resolutions that I am trying out for 2013 and you can even join in on the resolutions with me.
Let me in the comments below what your New Year's resolutions for 2013 are?
Sunday, December 30, 2012
Will you be rocking collar necklaces?
Friday, December 28, 2012
- Hair! Add in color hair peices, try out a new short do', or even just add pull out the hair accessories. Use extension or peices at first if your scared of hair commiment or go through pictures to find exactly what you want.
- Make-up! Try out new makeup products like liquid liner, bolder shadows, or highlighter. You can even try out no make-up days with all of your friends so you can let your natural beauty shine.
- Clothing! Don't go out and buy a new wardrobe, instead go through your closet, figure out your style and go from there. You can even shop for peices that will add to your closet and enhance your overall look.
- The little things! Little things about you can be a start off a new look whether it's a statement accessory, crazy nail designs, or shaping up your eyebrows. Little things can make a hug difference and be perfect for sparking a new look for 2013.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
I am so extremely grateful for everything I have received throughout all of 2012 from every view and comment on my blog to each gift I have been given. Of course we all know Christmas was just two days ago, but since my birthday was not too far behind on November 17 so I've decided to do a collective haul. Below I have pictured some of the items I received so be sure to let me know what you have given or received over the holiday season as well!
I have really been needing some sweaters since the weather is continuing to get colder and colder. The sweater to left is very sparkly and glam, while the center sweater is perfect for a preppy look, and the sweater to the right having a fun and casual feel. The pants are actually a metallic rose blush color in a skinny jean style that will definitely make you feel like a glam diva.
I am so excited to wear my new pairs of pajamas! If you ever come to my house for a sleep over you would probably find me only wearing tank tops and cheer shorts, but now I can let out my love for print even in my beauty sleep. Also, the bottoms are super warm and cozy which is great for the winter while the thinner tank top allows my body to still feel cool at night.
Lastly I now have nice lighting in my room thanks to a new floor lamp and a cute little owl perched between the bulbs. Not only is the light good for seeing, but it will be amazing when I am filming on my new Nikon! My new camera is the best and will definitely help to take my blog to another level as well as allow me to show more original, candid photos.
I am so thankful, grateful, and excited about each of my gifts! Let me know in the comments below the gifts you have received and what all your grateful for.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
It may be a little late to say Merry Christmas, but it's still the holiday season! Christmas for me is all about spending time with the family in a more casual environment, no cocktail dresses necessary. However, I still love to dress up which explains my sequin flats, red leather pants, sparkly sweater combo. My overall look makes me feel edgy, glam, and super sparkly while still being comfortable and not over the top. My sweater is actually cropped, but it is way too cold to be showing off my stomach so I put a black cami underneath and let the sparkly neck stand out. The red leather pants are super comfy and even have a light shimmer to them which allows them to work for both casual and dressy occasions. The flats are actually one of my Christmas gifts that I couldn't resist wearing to give my outfit some extra color and glam. Last but not least I piled on the rings along with my gold Betsey Johnson watch and two beautiful bracelets from my mom and sister.
What are you wearing for the holidays?
Flats- Nine West
Watch- Betsey Johnson
Saturday, December 22, 2012
- Begin with a clean face and apply concealer and light foundation as necessary.
- Apply a primer to your lids as well as a light brown shadow up to your brow bone as well as next to your tear duct.
- Take a dark shimmery green shadow and apply from the middle of your lower lid to the outside in a C-shape. For a glamorous look apply heavily, apply lightly to keep the natural look.
- Apply a dark brown shadow and blend it into your crease in a C-shape creating a smokier look.
- Apply the same dark brown shadow from step 4 with a eyeliner brush onto your lower lash line.
- Add 2-3 coats of lashes to your mascara and a nude gloss to your lips.
Ever since Khloe Kardashian Odom has been hosting X Factor USA, I have fallen more and more in love with her style. Of course I must thank Khloe's stylist Monica Rose for the amazing outfits, but Khloe's own beauty, confidence, and looks make me fall hard for her style. Below I've picked four of my favorite looks from Khloe on the X Factor, I cannot wait to start checking her street style!
Short and shiny can often be mistaken for being a bit unlady like, but Khloe is working it just fine. The diva look works with simple shoes like Khloe's nude heels that lengthen her legs and the hem of the dressing ending a good ways down from your "no-no square". Don't forget to also try the voluminous, wavy hair for a sultry beauty look.
Leather is a must this winter, it's warm, chic, and can work with any style. I Khloe's unique version of a leather mini, the pleats give a classic look while the leather keeps the look edgy and chic. The white top allows the skirt to shine and not overpower the look while the bright pink heels give a pop of color to the black and white look. Khloe's beauty look matches the classic feel in the half-up, half-down look, but it is updated with the mature curls and looser hold on the ponytail.
This outfit adds curves and is totally chic. The black skirt paired with the golden belt is a staple piece for any girl, but the difference between this skirt is the addition of the small detail buttons that do so much for this look. The top also adds intricate detail in the top gives the look a great visual appeal and even brings out the details of her strappy shoes. Even Khloe's make-up look matches her outfit, but it definitely does not crash.
I am in love with this lace green dress and not just because I have a similar dress in black hanging in my closet! The lace dress is modern because of its short length and peek-a-boo sleeves while still being conservative by not showing of f the goods in the middle. I love that she is reusing the belt to style another look and sporting those amazing booties! Khloe's updo allows her to show off her face as well the dress.
Thursday, December 20, 2012
This entire week is packed full of exams and tests for me, but that does not mean I'm going to bum it! I believe that still dressing up, even when you have to sit down for 2 hours, is part of what keeps you awake during the test. Wearing your pj's will only make you want to go to sleep. Layering your clothes is the best thing to do during a long test, you will be able to put on and take off whenever you feel cold or hot. Comfy jeans are key, even jeggings, whatever lets your legs breathe and don't feel too tight over time. The perfect shoes would be a pair of flats or boots, boots will keep your feet warm while you have the options to take off your flats if you choose. On top of everything you want to remember to bring a light jacket and maybe even a scarf to add some chicness to your overall look. Pull your hair up into a cute ponytail or high bun with minimal accessories so you won't get distracted.
How do you prepare for exams and tests?
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear basecoat.
- Take a solid purple polish and coat from the bottom half of your nail to the middle.
- Dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover and with windshield wiper motions, create a half moon of the purple polish.
- Take a solid brown polish and paint the nail starting from the edge of the purple half moons to the tips.
- Go back with a sparkly purple and with a careful hand apply it on top of the solid purple.
- Add a glittery gold on top of the solid brown polish.
- Use any color glitter striper and define the half moon.
- Let your nails dry, then apply a clear basecoat.
What's your favorite holiday nail look?
Sunday, December 16, 2012
What pants look will you be trying this winter?
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
I love a hairstyle that can be transformed all throughout the week! Sarah Hyland's soft bun, beachy waves, and messy ponytail all work together for a week full of switching up your hair look without a lot of difficulty. The bun helps to keep your hair out of your face while creating waves in your hair that will work for the next day and be put up into a ponytail later on. Keep on reading to learn how to recreate each hair look.
After a day, or night, of rocking the bun your hair will be full of crinkles and waves. All you need is a wide tooth comb to untangle the hair and a curling iron to define some of the waves and curls. The look should stay simple and causal for a more simple and everyday look so you won't look overdone, but chic. it can definitely be however messy or put together aas you would like.
After wearing my hair down for a while I cannot wait to pull it right back up out of my face. The waves will start to fall and become messy after a while if you don't maintain them which definitely will not look good worn down, but looks flirty and fun when pulled into a high ponytail. You can even try out a causal updo since your hair has the ability to hold more.
Monday, December 10, 2012
- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear base coat.
- Add 1-2 coats of Schnapps Out Of It by O.P.I, or any other bright brown color to your nails.
- Take your second brown nail polish and stripe one line vertically or horizontally across each nail. Skip your ring finger if you want the accent nail!
- Take your black nail striper and create one vertical line next to the brown stripe as well as one stripe horizontally across the nail.
- Dip your nail brush into some red nail polish and add a red stripe horizontally or vertically across each nail.
- Create a cheetah print design on your ring finger by making jagged C-shapes with your black nail striper brush.
- Let your nails dry, then add a clear top coat on top of your nails.
Saturday, December 8, 2012
The military jacket is becoming a hit fashion trend and makes any look instantly more casual and chic. The military jacket is such a cool style and I love how you can easily place it over any outfit and you can even accessorize it! The military jacket works into all types of wardrobes even if you're usually a girly girl, chic and trendy, edgy, or a complete boho chick. Keep on reading to see how celebs like Kate Bosworth, Cheryl Cole, and Alexa Chung style the military jacket.
For the girls who like to make each piece in their wardrobe their own, you can definitely embellish and DIY your military jacket with a variety of fabrics, buttons, and glitter galore!
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Skinny jeans have become such a staple in every one's wardrobe, so it's seems like time to try out something new to cover up your bottom half. Sweatpants and baggy pants have been seen on so many celebs lately as well as everyday girls. I am one to only wear more form fitting outfits, but this trend is something I may have to try out. I love how they look so comfy and casual, while still giving off an amazing urban, street style feel. Keep on reading to see how to work them into your wardrobe.
Rihanna knows you have to stay within a color scheme to make it look like a put together look and not like you just threw on sweatpants. Make the baggy pant look styled, but not over done by staying within the same color groups and not going too glam with your upper half. Try a casual look up top such as a fitted hoodie, a rocker tee, or even a cool jacket.
Don't forget about your proportions! You definitely do not want to look like a sack potato in a baggy pants look so try to keep with a fitted top or jacket. You can even try sticking with a loose top in your baggy pants stick more toward your legs than outward.
Will you be trying the baggy pants look?
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- Begin by brushing all your hair up into a high ponytail secured by a ponytail holder.
- Create any type of bun you would like. A topknot can be made by wrapping your hair tightly in circles and securing with bobby pins or a big ballerina bun by using the sock bun method.
- Now start with a clean face and apply any foundation and concealer if needed.
- Add a primer to your lids and a apply a highlight color right on your brow bone. Then apply a dark grey smokey color to your lower lids up into the crease. Be sure to blend!
- Apply black liner to your lashline and smudge lightly with an eyeliner brush or your fingers. Apply liner to your tightline and smudge a bit of the eyeshadow onto the bottom for a more nighttime look.
- Add a little drama to your brows by filling them in with a bit of eyeshadow. Brush your eyebrows afterwards so it won't be too harsh.
- Apply a primer to your lips and apply a nude color to keep the look daytime and swap the nude out for a bold color such as red for a night look.
Saturday, December 1, 2012
The fall and winter season always seems to make peoples wardrobes 50 shades darker, but not mine. I love adding color, graphics, and patterns to my look all year round no matter the season! For this outfit I decided to you all three of my favorite things, as you can see I used the color in my jeans and the patterns and graphic in my shirt. The blue pants work fot the season because they aren't extremely bright which gives a more understated look. The top also helps to tone down the top and give persoanlity, uniqueness to the look, and overall more fun! The black combat boots are just my go to pair of shoes, they always make me feel edgy and are comfty for my feet. I didn't add too many accesssories because I didn't want anything taking away from my clothes and I kept my hair in a high messy bun.
What are you wearing today?