|"Get Your Number" Liquid Sand Polish|
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
I have been on the hunt for a bright blue nail polish but instead I went for a liquid sand nail polish from Mariah Carey's new O.P.I. line. The polish gives off a textured sandy look full of glitter that looks absolutely gorgeous! The polish applies with full color coverage with 2 coats and a top coat is not needed to create the sandy, textured look. The polish has stayed on chip free for about four days which is a nail polish record for me especially since I use my hands a lot throughout the day resulting in chipped nails that I constantly have to redo. The glitter in the polish are all different sizes making your nails sparkle and shimmer from various angles and while the background color pops. The best part about the liquid sand nail polish is that it is true to its color and is not just another see through nail polish. Kudos to Mariah Carey for a top notch liquid sand nail polish line in multiple gorgeous colors!
What is your go to nail look?
Monday, February 25, 2013
*Big congrats to one of my favorite actresses, Jennifer Lawrence, for winning an Oscar!!!*
Who were your Oscar 2013 faves?
Who were your Oscar 2013 faves?
Friday, February 22, 2013
I love a quirky personality and the style that usually comes with it. A quirky style usually involves mixing textures and patterns, oxfords, funky tights, and fun accessories. Celebs like Solange and Corinne Bailey Rae are know for the quirky cool style and rock it perfectly. However, it is very easy to take it from quirky to crazy if your outfit has a little too much color or pattern and is just too much! Below are my top tips to dressing fashionably quirky for both causal and formal occasions.
|Corinne Bailey Rae|
Casual, everyday occasions call for oxfords, tights, texture, and all your basics. A pair of oxfords are an alternative to flats that work all year round and come in some many different colors. You can also go for the new trend of more masculine shoes with cool cut outs and chunky heels. Barque and other interesting patterns always look unique when they're on your bottom half since they are usually seen only on the top half which makes it stand out. You may want to try to mix patterns, but keep them "connected" with a common color scheme. Also, a mix of texture such as a silk and a wool create a great visual in any outfit. Lastly, a pair of funky tights will keep your legs warm and detailed whenever your wearing a skirt, dress, or even a pair of shorts and still want a quirky look.
|Corinne Bailey Rae|
It doesn't take much to advance from a casual quirky look to a more formal attire. A pair of chunky heels will contrast the ordinary pump especially if it comes with straps and buckles. A bag with a pop color is great to go with any style and works best if it goes with a color that is already used in your outfit. A collar makes anything a bit more formal and with the new trend of collar necklaces it is easy to mix and match.
What is your style?
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Spring is bringing back all the color into your beauty look. A bright matte lip and pastel colored lids are the ultimate trend for Spring 2013 whether you're rocking them at the same time or seperately. A splash of color brightens up your entire face and an instant vibe of youthfulness. However, there are a few things to beware of such as color overload and finding your specific color. Below are two lovely ladies, Solange and Katy Perry, who both know how to rock the latest Spring beauty trends.
Pastels come in such a variety of colors and shades that allow you to have an entire pallete of pastel eye shadows. Just like any other shadow, you can do so many different looks such as a smokey eye which makes pastel shadows very versatile. Pastel shadows are especially pretty when used as a liner because it can easily make your eyes stand out and pop.
What is your favorite Spring beauty trend?
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Okay so I have to been honest, I have only known about Ashley Madekwe's style for two days. However, in two days I have completely fallen in love with her casual, every day style. Ashley knows the pieces to make an outfit laidback while still adding pops of color and glam to make the outfit fashion forward. Below I have my top three favorite looks from Ashley Madekwe.
A twist on the old black leather skirt and white top duo is always an A+ in my book. The purple leather skirt is a subtle way to add some color as well as the yellow clutch. The shoes are chunky which gives her bottom half detail and even a touch of grunge. My favorite part of the look is the collar cuffs that give a white chiffon top much needed glam and interest.
A fitted sweatshirt is always cute when it's designed in tons of bright colors and paired with skinny jeans. The contrast between the black jeans and grey sweatshirt are a nice visual for the eye while the bright colors add the brightness every casual outfit needs. I love the change up of the "expected" booties for boots that mimic cowgirl boots. The cheetah print bag continues to add print and attitude while the beanie is giving off an urban vibe.
Once again the contrast between the black skinny jeans and grey slouchy sweater gives a great visual for the eye and helps to keep from looking too monotone. A slouchy sweater always gives off a casual, cool look while still being chic and fashionable. The sandals help to add a little bit more to the neutral color scheme with the touch of tan while the red chain clutch matches her nail polish color giving a nice pop! Ashley also knows that arm candy is always best!
What is your favorite casual look?
Sunday, February 17, 2013
- Begin with a clean face and apply foundation and concealer as necessary.
- Apply a bronzer or a skin tone blush to the apples of your cheeks up to your temples.
- Apply primer to your eyelids and a highlight to your brow bones.
- Take the silver eye shadow and apply it to your lower lid.
- Blend a brown shadow into your crease up to the start of the brow bone.
- Fill-in your brows with a brow pencil or shadow to fill in your eye brows.
- Line your waterline lightly with black liner as well as a medium line on the upper lash line.
- Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- Apply a bold lipstick.
What is your go to lip color?
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Shay Mitchell always looks so cute, girly, and fashionable which is absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day. Whether you have a Valentine, are going on a day, or just kicking it solo, it's still good to be in the spirit of the holiday. Throw a cute dress, skirt, or at least wear a pop of red or pink. Below I have examples of a perfect casual and dressed up Valentine's Day look that will look absolutely amazing for the heart day and may already be in your closet.
A skirt always looks super cute and with a pink top it will be super casual, but still dressed for the holiday. Don't forget to add some curls or waves in your hair. If you really not feeling a skirt, try a skinny jeans that will show off the shape of your legs which is definitely a girly vibe. A pink or red top is a necessity with the look if you're planning on staying Valentine's Day appropriate.
Okay so I haven't had my first date yet, but if I did I would definitely wear Shay Mitchell's outfit in the photo above. A bright dress makes you stand out and shine while the leather jacket and booties keeps a little bit of edge and warmth. The side swept hair also frames our face and gives you room for a nice spritz of fragrance.
What are your Valentine's Day plans?
Sunday, February 10, 2013
I don't know about you, but I love a sweet half-up half-down hairstyle. Half-up half-down looks are so easy and keep your hair out of your face while still being able to let your locks loose. The look can be as sleek as you want or as casual and it doesn't even matter what type of hair you have. All you need to recreate the look is a comb and a ponytail holder.
- It's best to start out with slightly dirty hair whether you're going for a sleek or loose half-up half-down look.
- Take your comb and create a nice part separating the top and bottom portions of your hair. Make it as equal, or unequal, as you would like.
- For a sleek look brush the top half back and add a little serum so the hair will sleek before securing it with a ponytail holder. For a more casual look use your fingers to hand comb the top half into a loose ponytails.
- To add to the look try using ponytail holders with details, cutesy bobby pins, curl a few pieces of hair, or even pull out your bangs to frame our face.
This look is so perfect to wear for Valentine's Day with special hair details or just as a casual everyday look.
What is your favorite everyday hairstyle?
Friday, February 8, 2013
Mixed metals, stacked bracelets, chunky necklaces and statement rings have taken the accessory world by storm. jewelry can make or break an outfit, too many pieces can make your outfit look like a costume and just enough can give you that extra sparkle. There are so many ways to accessorize and amp up your look and below are my top 5 tips on accessorizing.
- Mix Metals! Don't be afraid to mix gold, silver, and copper accessories together. The contrast is like putting together different prints in an outfits but with jewelry. Just remember to keep a balance on the amount of each metal.
- Top or Bottom?! I tend to stick to a top or bottom rule with accessorizing. You never want to be weighed down in accessories so pick whether you want more rings and bracelets on the bottom or go for earrings and necklaces up top.
- Go for the Quirks! Jewelry ranges from big hoop diamond earrings to mustache shaped necklaces. Don't be afraid to try out the huge statement rings, food shaped necklaces, and stacks of bracelets because they are what help make your outfit more detailed and interesting.
- Revision and Moderation! You never want to be the girl with the loud clashing bracelets on, so be sure to walk around your room and look in the mirror to see just how many accessories your wearing. If you think it's too much, just take one or two pieces off and you'll be ready to go.
What is your favorite accessory piece?
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A fresh face is always perfect for an everyday look. Nina Dobrev knows exactly how to enhance her features with a swirl of a mascara wand and the swipe of gloss. All you need to create a fresh faced look is a light foundation or BB cream, mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss, and blush. Keep on reading to find out how to create your own fresh faced look.
- Always begin with a clean, moisturized face and apply a BB cream that will give light coverage, moisture, and sun protection.
- Dust a light rosy blush, or your preferred color, to the apples of your cheeks to add color and glow to your face.
- Take an eyeliner and line starting at the edge of your upper lash line. A thin or thick line depends on your eye shape and whether you want your eyes to look bigger or smaller.
- Apply 2-3 coats of mascara to make your lashes and eyes pop!
- To add a little oomph to the look add a bit of sparkly flesh tone eye shadow in the inner corner of your eyes and fill in your brows for definition.
- Pull your hair back into a sleek ponytail or bun to show off your fresh face look.
What is your go to beauty product?
Monday, February 4, 2013
Joan Smalls has one of the most amazing street styles that I love to love. Joan's style consists of simple pieces mixed with print, natural make-up, and killer heels. The simple tees paired with daring printed pants and the occasional printed shirts show her subtle fashion risks that are the perfect amount of "fashion". Check out some of my favorite street style looks from Joan Smalls and how you can recreate them.
Joan's outfit is so chic and preppy in this look. The plaid trousers give off a business look because of their fit while still being preppy and classic because of the plaid print. The black top keeps you covered and warm for the weather while still letting the pants stand out.
This look is so edgy and daring without having too many pieces. The basic white tee is the ultimate staple in everyone's wardrobe because it works with any outfit, style and occasion. Her skinny jeans are all over studded with a bold zipper, plus it shows a tiny bit of skin for a touch of sexiness. The heels add the height and oomph to the look while her flowing hair and natural make-up keep her casual and everyday.
Your prints don't always have to be on the bottom half. I love this over-sized top paired with dark dressy denim. The look is a more dressed version of a casual everyday look which is great for family events, dates, and going out. Her shoes go great with the accents of her shirt and they are also very durable and comfy for walking throughout the day.
Who are your ultimate style crushes?
Saturday, February 2, 2013
A great pattern can transform any piece from edgy to girly, girly to boho, whatever style your going for. Not only does the skirt determine the look, but also what you pair it with. Try using a neon colored belt to add some shine to an all black skirt or you can just throw on a killer pair of shoes to make the look stand out. Also, going back to length and shape, don't forget to balance the size of the print to the length and shape of the skirt because no one wants to be weighed down by print.
Will you be rocking a lady-like skirt?