Friday, January 31, 2014
Valentine's Day Beauty by lyndseycamille featuring a lip gloss
Valentine's Day is the perfect day to bring out your girly side. Whether you're going out on a date or a girl's night out, it is always fun to make your nails, lips, and cheeks dazzle. Nail polish is easiest and simplest way to show the Valentine's spirit. Go traditional with red or pink polish or switch it up with white and silver. Lip gloss and lipstick is a great way to make a statement no matter the holiday. Lip gloss gives the lips a flirty side while lipstick goes for the chic. Blush will give you the ultimate look with flirty and girly cheeks.
What is your Valentine's Day beauty look?
Sunday, January 26, 2014
|Chloe Grace Moretz|
|Chloe Grace Moretz|
|Chloe Grace Moretz|
How do you layer up?
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Although you may only see my fashionista side, I am always focused on my studies. I have recently entered a scholarship essay competition. In order to become a finalist in the competition, I need your vote. Please click on the link below and vote for my scholarship essay. Also, it would appreciated if you shared the link through Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and all social platforms you can think of. Thank you so much for your support!
Click Here to Vote!
Monday, January 20, 2014
- Begin with a clean face and apply foundation as needed.
- Add soft flush of blush to the apples of the cheek to the temple.
- Fill in eyebrows with soft, short strokes that resemble hairs. Be sure to brush through the brows to blend in the marks.
- Apply the shimmery eyeshadow, preferably cream shadow, to lower eyelids.
- Line the lower lash line with eyeliner. Then line to the upper lash line with a slight cat eye.
- Apply 2-3 coats of mascara. Add false lashes if desired.
- Apply lipgloss and lipstck to finish the look.
Do you keep up with award season?
Monday, January 13, 2014
Who was on your Golden Globe 2014 best dressed list?
Friday, January 10, 2014
- Shimmer Shadows! Shimmery shadows accentuate the sparkles in your eye. The shimmer shines through the lenses and lets you see past the frames.
- Neutral Shadow! Neutral shadows look good on everyone. Neutral shades make your eyes pop by playing up your natural eye color.
- Bold Lips! A bold lip pulls a look together and can make it look like you're wearing a full face of makeup when your not. Try a soft lip color or a color that matches your frames.
- Graphic Liner! Graphic liner is totally cool whether it's a classic cat eye or edgy teal liner. Eyeliner is all about fun and will distract from your glasses.
- Mascara! Mascara will make your lashes full and luscious. They will definitely take the attention away from your glasses.
- Defined Brows! Glasses can take up a lot of space on your face. Your brows can even start to blend in your frames if you don't keep them framed. Keep your brows shaped, trimmed, or simply brushed to keep your brows from blending in with your glasses.
Whether you like your glasses or not, remember that good vision is always the most important thing. Plus, glasses are always trendy and can actually pull your look together! Always rock your frames with confidence.
How do you rock your glasses?
Monday, January 6, 2014
Cold weather has seem to hit everywhere! The snow may be fun for some, but not so much for hair and skin. During the winter, our hair and skin begins to get dry, even brittle, meaning we have to combat the temperature. Below are a few of my cold weather fixes that I use to keep my hair and skin smooth, soft, and , of course, shiny!
- Moisture, moisture, moisture! The cold air dries out skin which is why it may appear red and/or flaky.The cold also affects hair by causing it to feel brittle and easily break off when brushing past winter coats. Be sure to use lotion and moisture cream on your skin, especially your legs, arms, and face. Also, add extra conditioner, whether cream or spray, in your hair.
- Hats, scarves, and gloves! It's not uncommon to come down with a cold or the flu during the winter. However, wrapping up will help defend you from sickness. A hat will keep your head warm and help retain your hair's moisture. Scarves and gloves will keep you looking chic and warm.
- Chapstick...in moderation! Hopefully it's no secret that to much chapstick will only make your lips worse. However, if you use it in moderation it can be high effective. Try using chapstick only 2-3 times per day. Or, you can try more medical types of chapstick.
Friday, January 3, 2014
2014 Style and Beauty Goals by lyndseycamille featuring nars cosmetics
- Head gear! Well, not literally! This year I want to try a new kind of accessory, hats. I have never been one to wear a lot of hats, headbands, turbans, etc.; however, I want to try. A hat can pull together a look while headbands with cat ears just look fun!
- Bracelets! It may not be noticeable in pictures, but I have very small wrists. Because of this, bracelets always fall off so I rarely wear them. However, so many bracelets are coming in the forms of ties and belt-like straps which make them adjustable. So now I can create my own version of "arm candy" for 2014!
- Eye makeup! I love the look of big, bold lashes and strong brows. This year I want to create my perfect eye makeup routine. Not a routine with lots of colors, shimmer, and blending, but something simple but powerful. Dark, full lashes will accentuate any eyes and strong brows can complete a look.
- Prints and skirts! For 2014 I want to try bolder prints and cute a-line skirts. Although I already wear lots of prints, I want to get out of the usual cheetah prints and wear more graphic and abstract style prints. I also want to add skirts to my wardrobe which I seem to have a lack of.
What are your style and beauty goals?