- Never go shopping without a list! A lack of purpose leaves rooms for unnecessary items in your cart.
- Always set a budget, or spending limit, before going out to shop. Setting shopping guidelines helps you to be more wallet-conscious while shopping.
- Utilize shopping apps! Apps like Retail Me Not and Shop Savvy help you to find the best deals and coupons, plus they're free!
- Never be afraid to ask about coupons and discounts. Many stores have student discounts, military discounts, and senior citizen discounts. Some store clerks are even willingly to give you a store coupon.
Sunday, December 28, 2014
We all want a closet like Carrie Bradshaw, but even Carrie wouldn't completely blow her budget. During the holiday season, it gets hard to maintain a budget with the stacks of accumulating stacks of coupons, receipts, and discount emails that seem to be never ending. And, if you're in the same situation as me, you might just be trying to bounce off from low funds due to the holidays. Follow the tips below to save up your cash!
Drop some of your cash-saving shopping tips down below!
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Dry Lips Be Gone by lyndseycamille
If your winter is anything like mine, dry lips are always involved. No matter how much chapstick I slather on my lips, the dry air still causes them to chap. However, with the weekly lip treatment I created above, I can easily nix my dry winter lips. Keep on reading to find out the three steps in my weekly dry lips routine.
- The toothbrush! Take an old tooth brush, or a new inexpensive toothbrush, to use as a lip exfoliator. Make sure to wet the toothbrush as well as your lips. Then, gently and slowly rub the toothbrush around your lips to remove the dead skin. Do so until your lips feel smooth (lips should not feel raw or red, or else your rubbing to hard/long!)
- A lip scrub! A lip scrub exfoliates the lips similar to the toothbrush. Apply the lip scrub using either your fingers or the tooth brush, following the same directions as step 1. Also, if you don't want to invest in a lip scrub, make your own using a mixture of sugar and water.
- Lip balm! Always follow this lip treatment by applying a lip balm. Try using a lip balm specifically for dry lips such as EOS or Vaseline. Be sure to apply a lip balm at least once a day to protect your lips throughout the week.
How do you fight dry, winter skin and lips?