- Begin with hair that is not too clean, you need a little bit of greasiness in your hair for the style to work.
- Part your hair in the size that you want your "shaved" section to be and gather the remaining hair into the ponytail holder.
- Brush down the loose hair and you can either put tight braids to make the hair lie down or just slick everything back with gel.
- Pull the braids or slick hair down and back and secure it with lots of clips and bobby pins that match your hair color.
- Release the section of hair from Step 2 and blend the hair and add volume at the top to contrast it from the "shaved" section.