- Never go shopping without a list! A lack of purpose leaves rooms for unnecessary items in your cart.
- Always set a budget, or spending limit, before going out to shop. Setting shopping guidelines helps you to be more wallet-conscious while shopping.
- Utilize shopping apps! Apps like Retail Me Not and Shop Savvy help you to find the best deals and coupons, plus they're free!
- Never be afraid to ask about coupons and discounts. Many stores have student discounts, military discounts, and senior citizen discounts. Some store clerks are even willingly to give you a store coupon.
Sunday, December 28, 2014
We all want a closet like Carrie Bradshaw, but even Carrie wouldn't completely blow her budget. During the holiday season, it gets hard to maintain a budget with the stacks of accumulating stacks of coupons, receipts, and discount emails that seem to be never ending. And, if you're in the same situation as me, you might just be trying to bounce off from low funds due to the holidays. Follow the tips below to save up your cash!
Drop some of your cash-saving shopping tips down below!
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Dry Lips Be Gone by lyndseycamille
If your winter is anything like mine, dry lips are always involved. No matter how much chapstick I slather on my lips, the dry air still causes them to chap. However, with the weekly lip treatment I created above, I can easily nix my dry winter lips. Keep on reading to find out the three steps in my weekly dry lips routine.
- The toothbrush! Take an old tooth brush, or a new inexpensive toothbrush, to use as a lip exfoliator. Make sure to wet the toothbrush as well as your lips. Then, gently and slowly rub the toothbrush around your lips to remove the dead skin. Do so until your lips feel smooth (lips should not feel raw or red, or else your rubbing to hard/long!)
- A lip scrub! A lip scrub exfoliates the lips similar to the toothbrush. Apply the lip scrub using either your fingers or the tooth brush, following the same directions as step 1. Also, if you don't want to invest in a lip scrub, make your own using a mixture of sugar and water.
- Lip balm! Always follow this lip treatment by applying a lip balm. Try using a lip balm specifically for dry lips such as EOS or Vaseline. Be sure to apply a lip balm at least once a day to protect your lips throughout the week.
How do you fight dry, winter skin and lips?
Friday, November 28, 2014
How are you styling your hair for the winter?
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
In the world of manicures and pedicures, there is only one thing worse than a chipped nail...a ruined nail polish color! (especially in your favorite color!) I have probably witnessed hundreds of nail polish bottles become hard and guppy, clumpy, or just "stuck" inside the bottle. However, I have figured out some tips and tricks to making my nail polish last much longer in their bottles! Check out my tips below:
- Invest in the Best! So let's just start off with the obvious, cheap nail polishes die faster. Nail polish brands such as O.P.I. and Essie are some of the best nail polish brands around because their polishes are made to last in the bottle and on your mani/pedi.
- Storage is key! I used to throw all my nail polishes into a little basket, some would sit upside down and others on their side. This caused so many of my polishes to clump up on the brush bristles and around the tops caps. Nail polish sits and lasts longer when stored right side up. So, you might want to invest in a nail polish storing kit.
- It's all about the temperature! Adding on to the storage tip, be sure that your nail polish sits at room temperature. Don't have them in sweltering heat or extremely cold environments, especially since the bottles are typically glass.
- Pour on the Acetone! When the polish is starting to get clumpy, try pouring a small amount of acetone based nail polish remover into the bottle. Pour only a tiny droplet into the bottle and the shake it up thoroughly until the polish thins itself out.
- When all else fails... Sometimes it's just time to throw in the towel and start again with a new bottle of nail polish. But, before you do that, make sure you remember the name of the polish color if you are planning on buying it again!
What are your favorite nail polish colors and brand?
Leave your answers in the comments below!
Leave your answers in the comments below!
Saturday, November 1, 2014
So in my 8 months of transitioning to natural hair, I decided it was just not for me. Now, I love natural hair, from afros to twist-outs, but not for me. I have always adored short bobs adorned with tons of layers and flips. What I especially love about my new bob cut is that it is not too short. When it's curled, the hair ends right at my chin, but when straightened, it is about an inch below. This gives me the versatility to pin pieces back, curl it, slick it back, or, when it grows about an inch out, to put it in a ponytail. I am so excited to finally have the cut I have been envying in every magazine and longing for in the back of my mind. Plus, I get to turn 18 with my version of the perfect 'do!
What is your version of the "perfect" haircut?
Thursday, October 9, 2014
|Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner|
Do you integrate hats into your wardrobe?
Monday, September 29, 2014
- Water! Skin is like a plant that needs a lot of water to keep it hydrated. As I increased my water intake for the day, my skin was visibly clearer, brighter, and healthier!
- Sleep! I never realized how important sleep was to skincare as well as my overall health. Once I began getting a good night of sleep, my skin began rejuvenating itself to a greater health state. I even noticed that I felt more energized throughout the day!
What are your simple skincare secrets?
Monday, September 22, 2014
Fall 2014 Nude Nail Trend by lyndseycamille featuring a nude nail color
I am a self-proclaimed manicure maven! My dresser is full of nail polish, from glitter polishes to bright neon polishes. An entire dresser drawer is home to nail design brushes and manicure kits. However, I won't be needing an abundance of color this Fall 2014 season. Throughout the summer, I became extremely bored within a repetition of bright pink, poppy coral, and classic red nail polish colors. So, I traded in bright colors for nude polishes. I found that the nude polishes complemented my accessories and made my fingers appear more elegant and lady-like. Now, two months later, who would've thought nude nails would become the Fall 2014 trend?! A nude nail look is all based upon your skin tone, a deep-toned lady may want to go for a more chocolate, rich nail color, a bronze-y girl for a soft tan polish, and a fairer skin girl for a creamy or pink-toned polish. Nude polishes are perfect because chips aren't as noticeable and can easily be dressed up with a coat of glitter polish.
What is your perfect shade of nude?
Monday, September 15, 2014
Jourdan Dunn style is simple, edgy, and chic. Dunn keeps her wardrobe united with simple colors: black, white, and bold pops of color. The black and white may sound dull, but with the right fit an accessories, Jourdan makes every outfit pop! Jourdan also makes the satchel bag work! The satchel bag drapes nicely over her shoulder, not interrupting the look of her outfits. For her beauty routine, Jourdan always keeps it simple, allowing her natural beauty to shine through.
Who is your style crush?
Monday, September 8, 2014
Have you gone to the dark side of lipstick?
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Gwen Stefani and her fashion brand, L.A.M.B. made their return to fashion week! I have to say I am obsessed with every single look. Above are my favorite looks from the collection. L.A.M.B. S/S 2015 mixes masculinity with femininity, prints with color, and chicness with cool. Each look screams fashion in the most subtle way. Instead of going for dramatics, the line sticks with prints and color to stand out. The prints and colors make the outfit, while the models give it the chic vibes. From the line, I predict menswear inspired look, denim, and lots of unique prints and poppy colors to dominate Spring/Summer 2015. However, I must say that the fashions weren't the only thing that impressed me. Gwen made sure to use a diverse cast of models, ensuring every girl would find a model that embodies them.
Friday, September 5, 2014
What is your favorite fall hair cut?
Monday, September 1, 2014
What is your perfect bag size?
P.S. I only added the backpack because it is chic, and perfect as a weekend bag!
Monday, August 18, 2014
- Hide tweezers, eyebrow scissors, and wax! Your growing your eyebrows out, not removing them.
- Brush your eyebrows with an eyebrow brush to keep them neat.
- When tweezing, only tweeze hairs outside of the natural brow shape.
- Place conditioners on your eyebrows to promote growth.
- Don't fantasize over everyone else's eyebrows! An eyebrow shape frames an individual's face, so an eyebrow shape is unique to every person.
How do you maintain your brows?
Monday, August 11, 2014
Back to School: Kickin' Into Fall by lyndseycamille featuring high heel shoes
Whenever back to school season comes back around, I love to get a pair of new shoes. However, I make sure not to purchase anymore summer shoes: sandals, flip flops, etc. Instead, I like to get a cute pair of shoes that will work for a lot of walking, match a majority of my outfits, and make me feel like I'm walking a catwalk. Below are descriptions of my favorite back to school shoe styles and why they work!
- Slip-ons! Slip-ons are a simple version of sneakers that mimic flats with a whole lot of comfort. Slip-ons come in a variety of prints and colors that will go with any outfit and fit into any style.
- Oxfords! Oxfords are my favorite shoe style! Oxfords now have a feminine take on menswear, especially because of the new prints, lace additions, and other features now being added to them. Also, your feet will thank you for the comfort.
- Booties! Booties are the perfect transition shoe as it gets closer to fall. Booties can work with shorts, dresses, and, of course, future fall and winter outfits.
- Wedges! Heels are fabulous, but don't always work for a school day. However, wedges, especially with rubber on the bottom, can work for a school. Wedges give height and add ultimate chicness to any look without taking away too much comfort.
What are your favorite shoe styles?