- Invest in the Best! So let's just start off with the obvious, cheap nail polishes die faster. Nail polish brands such as O.P.I. and Essie are some of the best nail polish brands around because their polishes are made to last in the bottle and on your mani/pedi.
- Storage is key! I used to throw all my nail polishes into a little basket, some would sit upside down and others on their side. This caused so many of my polishes to clump up on the brush bristles and around the tops caps. Nail polish sits and lasts longer when stored right side up. So, you might want to invest in a nail polish storing kit.
- It's all about the temperature! Adding on to the storage tip, be sure that your nail polish sits at room temperature. Don't have them in sweltering heat or extremely cold environments, especially since the bottles are typically glass.
- Pour on the Acetone! When the polish is starting to get clumpy, try pouring a small amount of acetone based nail polish remover into the bottle. Pour only a tiny droplet into the bottle and the shake it up thoroughly until the polish thins itself out.
- When all else fails... Sometimes it's just time to throw in the towel and start again with a new bottle of nail polish. But, before you do that, make sure you remember the name of the polish color if you are planning on buying it again!
Leave your answers in the comments below!