Thursday, November 28, 2013
How do you style a big, cozy sweater?
Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my family, friends, followers, just everything in my life! I am also thankful for this fabulous and super stylish turkey graphic I found.
What are you thankful for?
Sunday, November 24, 2013
This eyeliner look is so intense! This heavy, but clean and precise look is attainable with any type of black liner, make-up remover, and a q-tip. Use the black liner to create a heavy line and a q-tip to clean up any mistakes and make lines more precise. Top off the look with 2-3 coats of mascara.
These two looks are perfect for any season, it's always great to have some color! Complete this look using blue liner, a matching blue eyeshadow, a q-tip, and makeup remover. Create a cat eye look with the blue liner. Then add even more blue emphasis with by adding a bit of eyeshadow on top of the blue liner. Clean up the look by adding makeup remover to the q-tip and cleaning up any mistakes.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
I am obsessed with Selena's latest Teen Vogue! The entire beauty look is absolutely gorgeous, natural, and beautiful. The tousled hair, bold brows, natural lip color, and mascara'ed eyes are perfect for a quick and easy look. All you need to recreate the look is foundation, a brow pencil, mascara and liner, and earth tone eyeshadows. Follow the steps below to create a quick and natural look inspired by Selena's latest cover:
- Use a foundation and concealer to create a smooth, even skintone.
- Using light, short strokes, fill in eyebrows and create a more defined brow look.
- Apply a highlighter shadow on the brow bone and a dark shadow in the crease. Be sure to blend!
- Lightly line the eyelids with liner, then apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
- Apply a lip balm to keep lips moisturized.
What are your steps to a natural make-up look?
Sunday, November 17, 2013
For the Love of a Sweater by lyndseycamille featuring red tops
- A big, chunky 80's sweater is a great winter piece. This sweater will keep you warm and add a bit of blast from the past nostalgia. These sweaters pair well with jeans and other pants and even skirts and tights. On top of being a simple and chic top, they will keep you super warm in the cold weather.
- Animal sweaters are EVERYWHERE this season! The animal sweater is super cute and adds a cool focal point to the entire look. Plus, you can match your bottoms and accessories to the colors on the animals too create extra pops of color to the look.
- A sweater with cute accents and classics prints is always cute! These sweaters work just like normal tops, meaning they are easy to create outfits with.
- I love a sweater with a message, whether it's inspirational or sarcastic. These sweaters work well with a basic outfit because the "message" is what sticks out. Just like the cool animal sweaters, you can match your bottoms and accessories with the colors of the message.
What is your favorite sweater?
Monday, November 11, 2013
Topknots are such old news! Although topknots are a chic way to keep your hair in place and out of your face, a cool ponytail can also do the trick. Ponytails are also much easier on the hair because they require less pulling, tying down, and pinning. All you need for most ponytail looks are a few ponytail holders, bobby pins, and a brush. Keep on reading to find the perfect ponytail for you!
For a chic and put together ponytail that will work for both casual and more formal occasions, try Nina Dobrev's slick ponytail. You'll want to start off by adding moisture or any type of cream that will keep your hair nice and sleek. Then part a 2-inch section at the top of your hair to create slight "poof". Next, take all the hair and brush it back into a ponytail, the height of the pony is totally up to you. Make sure to secure with a ponytail holder. Before finishing up, take an 1-inch section from the ponytail and wrap it around the ponytail holder.
A messy fishtail braid is perfect for casual dates, school, and maybe even a red carpet moment like Selena! This look is perfect for protecting your hair since it involves no intense pulling or tugging on the hair. Just start by brushing all the hair to one side. Let the shorter pieces of hair hang natural and pull out a few extra pieces that fram your face. Create a side ponytail and secure it with a ponytail holder. Then with the remaing hair, begin the fishtail braid. Secure the end of the fishtail with a small ponytail holder. Next, remove the first ponytail holder that was used to create the side ponytail and add a fullness by gently widening sections of the braid. Finish off the look by adding a slight curls to the "undone" pieces with a curling iron.
A bubble braid is the epitome of a fun and quirky hairstyle. A bubble braid can help show off your fun earrings, like Bella, or your favorite color by using colorful elastic band. To recreate the look, pull your hair up into a high ponytail. Then being adding elastic bands to the ponytail that are about 1.5 inches apart from one another. After the elastic band are in place, go back and add a fuller look to each section by gently pulling the hair. Don't forget that you can even leave out your bang or pieces of hair to frame your face.
What is your favorite hair look?
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Although I do not own the fabulous jackets above, I do own very similar pieces. The temperature is gradually dropping meaning it's finally time to take out the outerwear. A leather motorcycle jacket is one of my favorties because it works with any look. Its greey/black shades allows it to match with any color and its edge can merge with any style of clothing I decide to wear. The letterman jacket is super cozy and adds a dose of prep into any look. The letterman jacket looks especially nice for a cool or sporty look and helps maintain chicness. The camo jacket is great "trendy" jacket because camo is everywhere this fall! I always love to have at least one statement jacket to add extra oomph to my outfits.
What is your fave fall outwear?
Saturday, November 2, 2013
- Begin with a clean face and apply foundation and concealer.
- Use an eyeshadow brush to sweep a dark blue shade on the lower eyelid up to the crease.
- Use a brown eyeshadow in the crease and sweep outwards to soften the blue shadow.
- Line your lower and upper lashline then apply 2-3 coats of masacara.
- Add a pink blush to the cheeks.
- Finish off by applying nude lipstick.