|Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss|
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
What is your favorite handbag style?
Thursday, July 17, 2014
|Kate Spade Fashion Week Manicure|
Nail art is the fun trend that we all love! Like any other form of art, nail art is full of infinite designs, prints, and colors. Perfect for any fashion/beauty look, mood, or self-expression for the day. However, we all know the feeling of utter disappointment when a perfectly polished nail chips. So, to combat chipped manicures, gel nails were created. Gel nails give a perfectly polished, glossy manicure that can last up to 2 weeks! What more could a nail polish maven ask for?! However, there are some pros and cons to gel nails.
- As gel nail popularity continues to rise, more and more colors and nail art techniques continue to rise. So, don't even think you have to give up your favorite nail designs!
- Gel nails can withstand just about anything, from digging around in your purse to washing the dishes! No chips...AT. ALL.
- The glossy film of gel nails keeps your hands and nails looking fresh and well groomed.
- Gel nails are super easy to apply at home! Purchase a gel nail kit, carefully follow the instruction, and you will always have top notch nails.
- Although gel nails don't chip, I have experienced peeling. However, for me, the peeling usually occurs after cleaning with chemicals or subduing the polish in liquid for extended periods of time.
- Nails can weaken after excessive gel nail use. When taking gel nails off, you must be very careful not to peel off the actually layer of nail because it will cause the nail to weaken.
- Because gel nails are so secure on the nail, the real nails do not receive a lot of oxygen causing bacteria to build up.
Be sure to send me your gel nail photos and let me know your gel nail experience!
Monday, July 14, 2014
Kylie Jenner sports several ear cartilage piercings in a profile selfie on Instagram.
Rihanna steps out and reveals a new septum piercing.
Trends are always coming and going, whether we like it or not. With that said, I am not fond of body jewelry (body piercings), other than a two simple ear piercings. No, I'm not a prude, body jewelry is more like a tattoo and sticks with you one way or another throughout your life. However, that's the biggest cause of the new body jewelry trends. Body jewelry no longer requires alcohol, a piercing gun, and weeks of care, only the actual jewelry. Instead of sticking to the same body jewelry pieces for months, anyone can purchase faux ear chains, septum rings, and more. And, if you like the look enough, you can even decide to go for the actual piercings. For myself, I love to rock ear chains whenever I wear my hair up to give my face a little more sparkle and edge!
How do you rock body jewelry?
Monday, July 7, 2014
As I've stated in previous posts, I am utterly obsessed with jogger pants. I've never known just how much chicness and comfort one style of pant could withhold. My mother purchased these pants for me at Kohl's which I paired with a brown top, sandals, and a few accessories.
The jogger pants have a more silky feel to them with an Aztec/tribal print. The pants also tighten around the ankles. My shoes are from DSW. These sandals are super comfortable because the heels have rubber on the bottom.
I kept my hair simple and out of my face by rolling the two sides back into a half up/half down look. This hairstyle also help to show off my long owl earrings and necklace. For jewelry, I also wore two simple rings and two gold bracelets.
Friday, July 4, 2014
Katy Perry is rocking a classic, square frame of sunglasses, perfect for any face shape. These shades work for all face shapes because the square shape frames the eyes leaving out the eyebrows which help to frame the overall face. The shades can be found on both the high-end and low-end and come in an array of colors.
For a more retro look, try a cat-eye frame similar to Rihanna's sunglasses. Of course, the frames do not have to be as oversized as Rihanna's, but the cat-eye frame helps to add some dramatics to any look. In order to successfully rock a cat-eye frame, be sure to exude confidence in your style and look.
As a fashionista, circular sunglass frames are a known trend. The circular frames give me an eighties cool kid vibe and work with edgy, girly, and even boho styles. And, as you can see above, Gwen Stefani rocks these shades perfectly with a matte red lip and plaid button down.
What are your favorite sunglass frames?