- Facial Scrub! Take off the dead skin with a facial scrub to allow your skin to breath. All of the extra oil on your face needs to be removed so it create more black heads and zits.
- Chapstick! Dry lips hurt and sun spots aren't cute, so remember to keep your lip moisturized with the help of chapstick.
- Moisturizer! Although it's summer, you still need a moisturizer no matter what your skin type is. The moisturizer helps protect your skin, especially if it has SPF, and keeps it from being dry and flaky.
- SPF! SPF is needed all year long,, but especially in the hot days of summer. Try to make sure there SPF in al1 the beauty products you purchase so your skin will have all the protection it can get.
- BB Cream! If need to cover up any blemishes, try a BB cream for the summer because it light weight and has SPF which is perfect for summertime.
- Body Butter! Make sure your arms and legs look shiny and smooth in all your summer outfits with the use of a body butter.
Sunday, June 30, 2013
As the summer keeps heating up, I've been noticing I have to exfoliate and moisturizer my face so much more! Above are 6 products that I think are essential for maintaining great skin for summer. Keep reading below to find out more about each product.
What are your summer skin care essentials?
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Sunday, June 23, 2013
It's officially summertime and I'm finally back from my trip to D.C. which means it is time for an Outfit of the Day post! Here I am wearing a red and blue chambray top with high-waisted shorts and my favorite pair of converses. Keep on reading to find out more about my look!
I left my hair in a ponytail so that the collar on my shirt could stand out and to keep the extra heat off my neck!
I stayed all gold with my jewelry, as usual, and wore lots of simple rings. I put own my new pair of Owl head earrings and my Betsey Johnson boyfriend style Owl watch. FYI, owls are my favorite creature so I love to wear them on my accessories.
Have a fantastic, fun, and memorable summer 2013! Remember that laughter is the best medicine and never take life too seriously, especially in the summertime.
Show me your recent OOTDs!
Monday, June 10, 2013
Summer is a time for a fresh face with light, but with pops of fun color! Zendaya always leaves her face makeup very natural, but keeps a nice glow through blush, lipstick, and an occasional cat eye. Keep on reading to learn how to transition a fresh faced look from summer days to summer nights. All you need is a BB Cream, a light blush and lipstick color, mascara, eye liner, and a highlight.
- Start with a clean face and apply a BB cream evenly all over your face.
- Brush and define your brows if needed then apply a highlight underneath on your brow bone.
- Line the upper lash line as well as your water line lightly. Make sure you do not line to heavily or else your eyes will appear raccoon-esque.
- Apply 2-3 coats of mascara.
- Apply a swipe of blush to the apples of your cheek.
- Apply the lipstick to you lips. Using a primer beforehand on your lips will help to keep it on all day.
- Transition the look to night time by taking your liner out into a thick cat eye.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Friday, June 7, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Graphic tees are very comfortable and easy to slip on whenever you're in a rush. The best thing about tees is that you don't have to buy them in your exact size, you can wear them baggy, cropped, or just right. However, what I absolutely love about wearing graphic tees is that you can dress it up or dress it down and transform into so many different styles. Below are two of my favorite ways of wearing graphic tees sported by the beautiful Jourdan Dunn and Cara Delevingne.
Tucking the front of a baggy tee into you pants looks super chic and helps with not losing your waist. Whenever wearing baggier tees you do want to make sure your pants are slimmer so that you're not drowned in fabric. Not only do you want to worry about proportions, but pay attentions to accessories, hats, and shoes to spice up your look and not just be an everyday jeans and tee look.
I love this dressed up graphic tee look worn by Cara. What really dresses up this graphic tee look is the style of pant and of course a great pair of heels. It really is all about what you pair with your graphic tee and the graphic of the tee itself that will help dress up the look or dress it down.
How do you rock a graphic tee?
Monday, June 3, 2013
I did a lot of shopping this past weekend and the number one thing I noticed was the wide variety of shorts. I'm used to just wearing a plain pair of denim shorts with the only "unique" feature being whether they were light or dark wash. However, now shorts vary from lace, silk, printed, high waisted, cuffed, and even more which make your summer wardrobe choices even more fun! Lace shorts addd a daintiness and feminine touch to your look, but I would make sure that lace is not completely see through so that you're not showing all your goods. Some shorts even come in all around print making it them the center of attention and more dressed up for special occassions such as dates in the summer time. Of course there are also high waisted shorts which will show off your figure and shorts with prints that you can even DIY.
What type of shorts do you rock in the summertime?
Saturday, June 1, 2013
- Begin by applying to your entire eye lid and a little bit after your lashline.
- Take an eyeliner pencil and make short strokes close to your lashline. The lines can be however thick you would like do not have to be perfect.
- Take the pencil or a liquid liner and connect the short strokes. Slighty flick the pencil or liquid liner upward to create the winged look.
- Take your mascara and apply two coats in a zig zag motion. Don't be two rough!
- Continue with the mascara and brush across the top of your lashes.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for your bottom lashes.
- Take a highlight shadow with a light shimmer and apply it directly to your brow bone which is underneath your eyebrows.
After these 7 steps you are done! This look will make your eyes pop without using a massive amount of products, lots of blending, and too much color.
How do you make your eyes POP?