- Get a trim every 6 weeks! Curly hair especially needs to be trimmed every 6 weeks because the ends get dry and brittle faster and tend to break off. Scraggly ends are not attractive.
- Condition and Moisturize! Be sure to deep condition your curly hair at least twice a month to retain moisture in the hair. Whenever you wash and condition leave a very small amount of conditioner in the hair to stay.
- Never towel dry! Never wrap a towel around your hair after you wash and this tip is not just for curly hair. Rubbing a towel against wet hair is the first step to creating a major frizz ball of hair.
- Invest in a wide tooth comb! Don't even try brushing curly hair or attempting to comb through it with a small tooth comb. A brush will create frizziness and small comb will get stuck in the hair and do nothing to help detangle.
- Try out products specifically for curly hair! Lots of hair product brands are beginning to produce products made specifically for certain hair types which is a major plus for everyone. A product made for curly hair will ony help make your curls look even better.