Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Nails: O.P.I. Golden Eye


I have been searching everywhere for the perfect gold nail polish and I finally found it! I actually first saw the nail lacquer in new Skyfall O.P.I. nail collection ad in Seventeen Magazine! At first I was apprehensive about purchasing the Golden Eye nail polish because I wasn't sure if it would be opaque enough, but it is after about 2-3 coats of polish. I was originally looking for a golden nail polish  because the only one I have is a shatter polish and gold just seems like a glam color that would also be perfect for the holidays. Plus I have been on a glitter/shimmer nail polish craving the last few weeks. Keep on reading for tips to make the most of this golden nail lacquer.
  1. Begin with clean, shaped nails and apply a clear base coat.
  2. Take the gold polish and make one stroke starting in the center of the nail and go upward. Use the rest of the polish on the brush to complete the bottom half of the nail.
  3. Finish the nail by polishing the right and left half starting from the center like in step 2.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each nail. Add a second coat to make the polish more opaque.
  5. Add a third coat if necessary and apply a clear top coat to seal the polish.
The only thing to beware of is the glitter portions of the nail polish falling into your nail bed instead of spreading across the nails, but it is not a big deal once you get the hang of the application. Let me know in the comments belo if you will be trying out the Golden Eye nail polish color for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)