Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hair 101: The Milkmaid Braid

Elle Fanning
Mary-Kate Olsen
The milkmaid braid is a trending hairstyle and works with medium to long hair. It is perfect for a bad hair day, a casual day, or even a night out! The only tools needed are a few ponytail holders, bobby pins, a brush, a comb, hairspray/ serum, and a curling//flat iron is optional. How do you feel about the milkmaid braid?
  1. Begin with day old hair so the braids will hold. Comb/brush out any tangles in the hair.
  2. Part your hair two sections and loosely braid the hair creating pigtails. Secure each braid with a ponytail holder.
  3. If you would like the braid to look looser, tug and expand the braid as desired.
  4. Pull one of the braids across your head and secure it with a bobby pin. Do the same with the other braid.
  5. For a smoother look, lightly brush the front back. For a messy look pull out your bangs and use a curling iron to create waves.
  6. Use hairspray to keep the look in place and serum to take care of unnecessary frizz.
Remember practice makes perfect and patience is key to creating new hairstyles. Modify some steps to suit you perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the add! Your blog is great, I'm totally follwing! I love the milkmaid braids. I still don't think I can't do it by myself though. I don't think my hair would stay!
    www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyndsey! I'm back!!! :o) Thank you very much for your following :o). I love this post. I have to try it! The summer is comming, so I use my hair up and this is so chic and romantic. Have a nice day. Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)