I love painting my nails in bright, neon colors and have two different polishes on the same nail is perfect for me! This is nail art design is actually inspired by the sunset and Starburst candy which called for a yellow and red-orange nail polish colors. I am always looking for ways to amp up my nail designs to another level so I also reversed the traditional french manicure. All you need to recreate this DIY nails look is 2 contrasting nail polish colors and a clear base and top coat.
- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear base polish.
- Paint your nails, concentrating near the nailbed, with the lighter nail polish color. Let the poish dry before moving to the next step.
- Take the darker nail polish color and begin painting at the tip of the nail downwards. Paint going in a semicircle around the nailbed.
- Let the nail polish dry and finish by coating the nails with a top coat.
- Clean up any extra polish by soaking a Q-tip with nail polish remover and rubbing around the edges of the nail.