Butterflies are such beautiful, interesting creatures. They are so inspiring and they had to be used in some type of artwork which just happened to be on my nails. I actually saw a picture of a butterfly nail design and I just had to recreate it with my own twist! All you need for this nail design is a bright nail polish color such as the pink, black nail polish as well as a black nail striper, and white polish. You also need a dotting tool or a tooth pick.
- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear base coat. This will help your nail polish show up more vibrant and stay on longer.
- Coat your entire nails with a bright nail polish of your choice. Use about 1-2 coats.
- Take your black nail polish or striper and paint a small section on the side of each nail.
- Continue the line across the tip of your nail in a diagnol line.
- Take your nail striper and draw a diagnol line from the bottom corner to the top corner of your nail.
- Draw 3 slighty curved lines conntecting your original black lines. Let the nails dry.
- Take a dotting tool or tooth pick and put polka dots across the tips and side of your nails. Let the nails dry.
- After your nails have dried, coat them with a clear top coat and continue to let them dry.