- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear base coat.
- Polish your middle finger grey, the ring and pointer finger white, and the pinkie and thumb a light brown or nude color.
- For your pinkie and thumb, take a black nail striper and begin dotting together lines in small C-shapes, you can even fill them in with glitter. The design comes out best if you look a cheetah design as you create your own.
- For the middle finger, create stripes and form them together to create connected triangles. Bright colored lines will really make the nail stand out.
- For the ring and pointer finger, paint the left and right side of the nail black while leaving a strip in the middle white. Use a dotting tool or toothpick and create 3 buttons going up the white portion. Take a white nail striper and create the collar by drawing one small triangle from the bottom of the nail and connect a half triangle afterwards.
- If you would like, use a dotting tool and create bow ties on the tuxedo design. Make a small dot in the middle and two bigger dots on the outsides. A bright colored bow tie looks great against the black and white.
- Wait for each of the nails to dry and a clear top coat. You can even add a clear top coat with hints of glitter to make your nails sparkle.
Monday, October 22, 2012
DIY Nails: Cheetah, Tuxedo, Geometric
I am so tired of having matching nails, so I had to mix it up this week with this cheetah, tuxedo, geometric combo. This is my very first attempt at tuxedo nails, I first saw the tuxedo design on WAH Nail's Instagram page as well as various YouTube channels and it was love at first sight. I think the design is perfect if you want to have one little comical aspect to your look if your going out for a special occasion. Since I didn't want all my nails to look the same I stuck with my favorite design, cheetah print, on my pinkie and thumb and did a little geometric design on my "no-no" finger. All I used to create the looks are nail stripers and everyday polish, so grab your nail kits and try out the design.