Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Nails: Cheetah, Tuxedo, Geometric

I am so tired of having matching nails, so I had to mix it up this week with this cheetah, tuxedo, geometric combo. This is my very first attempt at tuxedo nails, I first saw the tuxedo design on WAH Nail's Instagram page as well as various YouTube channels and it was love at first sight. I think the design is perfect if you want to have one little comical aspect to your look if your going out for a special occasion. Since I didn't want all my nails to look the same I stuck with my favorite design, cheetah print, on my pinkie and thumb and did a little geometric design on my "no-no" finger. All I used to create the looks are nail stripers and everyday polish, so grab your nail kits and try out the design.
  1. Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear base coat.
  2. Polish your middle finger grey, the ring and pointer finger white, and the pinkie and thumb a light brown or nude color.
  3. For your pinkie and thumb, take a black nail striper and begin dotting together lines in small C-shapes, you can even fill them in with glitter. The design comes out best if you look a cheetah design as you create your own.
  4. For the middle finger, create stripes and form them together to create connected triangles. Bright colored lines will really make the nail stand out.
  5. For the ring and pointer finger, paint the left and right side of the nail black while leaving a strip in the middle white. Use a dotting tool or toothpick and create 3 buttons going up the white portion. Take a white nail striper and create the collar by drawing one small triangle from the bottom of the nail and connect a half triangle afterwards.
  6. If you would like, use a dotting tool and create bow ties on the tuxedo design. Make a small dot in the middle and two bigger dots on the outsides. A bright colored bow tie looks great against the black and white.
  7. Wait for each of the nails to dry and a clear top coat. You can even add a clear top coat with hints of glitter to make your nails sparkle.
 Below are close ups of the three nail designs. Let me know in the comments below if you try out these nails designs and send me pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Great style. Followed you on twitter. Will check back on your blog often.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)