Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Nails: Simple Skull and Ombre

I am so in love with my cute and simple ombre nails with a skull accent. I decided since it's the first day of October, I might as well get the Halloween theme going! I didn't want to do an extremely detailed design just because I wanted something that doesn't take a lot of time and isn't going to chip right off. Also, I'm not into scary creatures so I wanted to just stick with a Tim Burton like skull. All you need to recreate this nail look are asilver glitter, black, white, and grey nail polishes as well as a black nail striper or thin brush.
  1. Begin with clean nails and a clear basecoat polished on your nails.
  2. Start by painting one of your nails white. This will help to let it dry before creating the skull.
  3. Move on to your other nails and polish the bottom 1/3 of your nail black.
  4. Take your grey polish and blend it with the black polish and polish the next third of your nail.
  5. Now take your white polish and finish off the tip.
  6. Take your silver glitter polish and paint over the white. This will give the white a more grey look and will be more sparkly and girly.
  7. For the white accent nail take your black nail striper or brush and slowy form a circle with a small gap at the bottom. This is the head of the skull.
  8. Draw 3-4 lines within the gap of the circle. These are the teeth.
  9. Use the brush or a dotting tool and create two small ovals for the skull's eyes.
  10. Wait for your nails to dry completely before applying a top coat, if not your nails will smear!
Your nails are now complete and Halloween chic! Let me know if you try out this nail tutorial or have your own special Halloween nail design.

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting :)