- Begin with clean nails and coat them with a clear polish. Polish your ring finger black.
- Take your dotting tool and dip it into the red polish. Create dots on your nail at different points on the nail.
- Drag some of the polish from the dot to the tip of your nail.
- Take the nail art brush and paint the tip of your nail red and clean up the lines from the dot. Since the lines are supposed to imitate dripping blood, it's okay if the lines are a tad messy and not uniform.
- Take the white nail striper and draw two pointy triangles on your ring finger. Add 2 lines inbetween the open space of the triangles.
- Let your nails dry, then coat them with a clear top coat.
Monday, October 8, 2012
DIY Nails: Just Bitten
I am so happy that I've gotten back into the groove of creating cool nail artwork. This nail look is inspired by vampires, blood, and the nails by Sally Hansen at Prabal Gurung.The look may be "eww" to some, but I actually love the "OMG my nails just got bit by a vampire" look. This nail look can be done with all black nails are on bare nails. As you can see I did all bare nails except for my accent nail and my pointer finger. All you need is black polish, a cear base and top coat, red polish, a white nail striper , and a nail art brush/dotting tool.
Let me know if this tutorial was helpful, if your tried out the nail look, or if you have any other DIY nail theme ideas! Check out my other Halloween nail look by clicking here. Rock this nail look for Halloween, a fall festival, or whenever since it is October.