Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beauty 101: Deep Skin Tone Tips

 
Keke Palmer
I love my dark skin complexion, I think it is absolutely beautiful an allows me to experiment with different colors, make-up, and more. Many celebrities like Keke Palmer, Nia Long, and Gabrielle Union with darker skin and deeper complexions always seem to have amazing glowing skin that every girl wants to have. Darker skin tones can easily have dark spots from acne, the sun, and many other factors which are not so pretty. As a teenager you will 99.9% experience acne and skin issues which for me have led to dark spots that I am currently working on. Here are some of the tips and tricks that I have been and will be using on my journey to healthy skin:
  • Exfoliate! The dead skin on your face is holding your skin back so try exfoliating 1-2 times a week. Taking off the dead skin makes my face feel so clean and refreshed!
  • Moisturize! Many moisturizers contain SPF which protects my skin from the sun as well as other vitamins and ingredients that help even out skin tone and balance out your skin.
  • Foundation and/or BB Cream! A foundation and/or BB cream will definitely help to even out your skin while also moisturizing and protecting your skin from the sun. They can also give your skin a lovely dewy look.
  • Clinique! My favorite skincare line is Clinique because it helps your skin while making it look naturally beautiful and radiant. Clinique is a brand that does not use too many harsh ingredients in their products.
  • No fragrances! Fragrant bearing products may smell good, but they can dry out your skin which can cause dry, peeling, and scaling skin.
  • Keep your face clean! Overall washing your face and keeping it clean will always help out your skin no matter its tone or type.

3 comments:

  1. Rita ora isn't dark :-S
    But I agree with this post, dark skin is beautiful!
    I feel terrible for neglecting my skin and it shows! Now my hair is super short i can't afford to neglect it

    Thanks for the tips :) bookmarked this to my bar

    xoxo
    http://www.fasheauty.com
    UK High Street Fashion & Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name just popped into my had w/ no real thinking lol. I'm glad you like my tips and we'll both be working on healthy skin together! :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)